Knowledge and innovations for the economy
The area of knowledge and technology transfer supports the valorization of research results and makes knowledge and technologies of the University of Graz accessible to business and society. With our services, we help to promote cooperation between science and regional, national and international business partners. As a driving force and co-shaper of social, economic and technological developments, the University is aware of its social responsibility in all its service areas and is committed to effective knowledge and technology transfer.
Services for companies in the field of knowledge transfer
- Mediation of experts from the University of Graz
- Support in the initiation of cooperation projects
- Research and development projects
- Feasibility studies
- Scientific services (measurements, studies, consultations, expert opinions etc.)
- Information on funding programs for cooperation projects
- Access to research results
These services are aimed at companies of all sizes, especially small and medium-sized enterprises.
Technology transfer goals
- Translating new scientific findings into applications, products and services in order to achieve the greatest possible added value for society and industry from research achievements, and
- Protection of intellectual property rights of the university or its researchers.
Successful transfer of inventions and research results to industry and society requires
- targeted translational research activities,
- making new scientific findings and technologies visible, and
- close cooperation with research institutions and companies.
In the context of technology transfer, exploitation-oriented spin-offs also play an important role. Start-up projects are professionally supported at the University of Graz by the research management and service as well as the unicorn Start-Up & Innovation Hub
Contact us if you are interested in one of the current technologies or if you have questions about possible research and development cooperations with the University of Graz.
Phone:+43 316 380 - 3994
Phone:+43 316 380 - 3996